How to Help a Loved One
Hearing loss is usually not something that happens overnight. Everyday your loved one hears a little bit less. At first it’s hard for them to know if they really do have a problem, because sometimes they can hear and sometimes they can’t. But there are signs that you can look for to tell if they’re having a problem.
Signs of Hearing Loss
- Do they misunderstand conversations, especially in crowded areas?
- Do they turn the television or radio up so loud that it disturbs others?
- Do they favor one ear over the other?
- Do they feel that people speak too softly or complain that people mumble?
- Do they ask people to repeat what they said… more than you know they should be asking?
- Do they have trouble understanding phone conversations?
- Do they not hear the turn signal in the car, or hear the doorbell or telephone ring?
- Do they complain about ringing or buzzing in their ears?
Why don’t they want to do anything about their problem?
There are many reasons
What can you do?
The best thing you can do for them is to convince them that its time to find out if they do indeed have a problem. Not everyone does, but the only way to find out the answer to the “Do I have a problem hearing?” question is to come in for a hearing test.
Call for an appointment today, its what we do.